Which new features do you want to see in the gallery?

add a plugin for "Tags for Joomla"

a tagging component plugin would greatly improve the organisation of large galleries. A single category hierarchy is (in comparison) quite restricted.

332 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

This is about native Joomla com_tag component

• IanE commented  · 

Tagging would indeed be useful, but using the Joomla 3.2 built in tagging system. I'd also like to see the joomimages module have the capability to display filtered by tag. Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is the only missing thing in Joomgallery to attract all photographers who want to use joomla as base of website.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I need tags, too! And most of all, I am interested in fotonotes...

• Daniel commented  · 

Tags for the images in the Joom::gallery are very important for me.

• Dave Logic commented  · 

TorTags (found on the Jed ) already has support for Joomgallery however it could be extended to show the actual photo as opposed to a link to the image..

• mazze commented  · 

here is an example but it is for Joomla 1.5! A component, module and a plugin for the joomgallery!
        http://www.joomla.royy.net/
        i used it for my old version

• Dhruba commented  · 

Hello Everybody,
        TorTags can be used to let users add keywords to their uploaded images from the user panel. It is an extension available in JED and I recently found it out. In couple of my test sites on localhost it works perfectly.
        The keywords / tags appear in the description area and can also be separately displayed through a module.
        Hope it helps!

• Josh commented  · 

Tags for joomla is only compatible with Joomla 1.5 making it a better idea to have Joomgallery have it's own tagging system or like one of the current ones for J 2.5.

• Dhruba commented  · 

Indeed it would be quite an addition to joomgallery; if we can use a tag cloud to list all the keywords that have been entered by the user when uploading an image it would also give us the possibility of categorizing the images under different user specified terms. The term reference field type in Drupal does exactly that and if we can see such a functionality in joomgallery then it would be a significant value addition to an already robust architecture.

• Nick Perkins commented  · 

This is something I really need in an upcoming project.

• serge commented  · 

Yes, we need this. Joomgallery must be better in SEO with this feature!

• Paolo commented  · 

Could be also a component to connect to "Tags for Joomla" or similar, did someone make it?

• Jürgen commented  · 

Hello teamjoomgallery,

sorry, I don't have any documentation. I mentioned joomlatags because I use it on my website (but would change to another tagging solution, if joomgallery were supported). I once looked into the code of the joomlatags content plugin and related files but couldn't identify an interface to adding tags.

• Adminteamjoomgallery (JoomGallery::ProjectTeam, JoomGallery) commented  · 

Implementing a complete tag system would be very complex. I don't think that we will do that in the near future.
        Writing a plugin for an existing extension like Jügen proposes would be better for now.
        @Jürgen: I can't find any documention on the joomlatags website for how to develop such a plugin. Do you know more about that?

• Grégory Trastour commented  · 

No, it's not a component, it's just a Tag System. Like you can found in other gallery. This Tag System is really missing in JoomGallery because you can select picture per categories, not by Tag. Each picture can be link to plenty of tag and each tag can display plenty of picture from different categories. But I think you konw what I talk about :)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base